Friday, May 16, 2008

Answer Boards - Week 8

Chorus- Like all the others on here I love the idea of an on-line brains trust who then drop the plug in at the end. Way to go reference librarians.
Reverb & Harmony- I love the expression, 'slamming the boards', it's an accurate description, but it really gives me a chuckle. I am full of admiration for those who are looking through answer boards and answering those questions with a 'why didn't you think of asking your local librarian' theme.
The 'http://answerboards.wetpaint.com/' A.B.L. wiki is a good starting point to help / show how to become involved in such an endeavor.
It really does remind me this whole concept of what our Young adult and Reference librarians initiated on our own library /council website, where High school students can ask a tutor a question online and have a tutor engage with them to help them with their assignments. Only thing is, it's a tutor, not one of our staff. http://www.canterbury.nsw.gov.au/www/html/1765-online-tutoring.asp
Distortion- I do feel a bit guilty that I can't see myself ever having the time to go online and answer peoples questions in the name of promoting the library.

No comments: