Sunday, May 18, 2008

Podcasts - Week 9

Distortion- I actually started off looking at the Orange County OCLS Podcasts site, and found two problems, or annoyances that could jade my experience with sites that 'podcast'. Firstly, their current list on the opening page offered me, at the top of the page, a video called Techno Pop, but the computers we are given to do this course on couldn't play it because it turned out the video was in MP4, and secondly when I chose one of the mp3's to listen to called 'National music Week' it is linked wrong by them and plays a story called 'Rabbit's Tail Tale' instead. Check it out for yourself.
Chorus- I chose to listen to an archived 2007 podcast from the "British Library" called 'The Holkham Bible Facsimile', as I am a Christian and that appealed to my interests. I think watching the streamed video version would have been a bit clearer.
From the "ABC" site, I went by subject into the 'sport' section, and found a stream of Roy and H.G's program 'This Sporting Life', which I must say is right up my alley.
Reverb- Going into the list on 'Library success Wiki', and looking at 'Atwood Library and Computer Centre' I saw they had a talk by 'DarcyJenish' on 'explorer David Thompson' and our library has lots of author talks that we could get permission to tape and then put on-line for those who missed them on our library site. But then again would that make the numbers of students coming along to the actual talk, which is what the accountability is on at present, decrease?

No comments: