Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tagging, del.icio.us, and all - Week 7

Del.icio.us
Chorus-
From the first video I was hooked on the idea as I have never known what delicious did before and i have a computer at home that has sooo many bookmarks on it, "and that's the old way"!
Distortion & Chorus- From the exercise 'account' I can see how libraries can use one of these, but I must agree with fellow workers I heard commenting on the technology shown here that they don't look much like "CLOUDS", more like a paragraph, but it does save space in the column compared to a long "list".
Reverb- For the purpose within the library scene as a whole, creating a site like that on delicious is going to be very helpful in finding sites on stuff we need to research for putting on events with what other libraries have done, statistics and relevant Australian sites. For our own library I think wikis could be used more for day to day uses.
Check out my account- http://del.icio.us/fxstocker
I've started to add my favourites on there, and there are heaps more I can add from home.
To be honest, I think I'll be using this tool more as a way I can 'access my bookmarks from anywhere'.

Technorati.
Distortion- Well I joined Technorati, but it was having a lot of trouble tracking down my fxblog after I gave it the address for it from the address bar. I might try again another time, otherwise no biggie as I don't plan to become a world stage player anytime soon.
Reverb- I found that using the general search netted 63 results for bookmobiles, whereas there was less (54) when using advanced search under the exact phrase. Next time doing the same search I got 46 results. When I looked for nswpln2008 I only got one hit, which ironically was another of our bloggers saying the exact same thing in their blog, called Grab the Hour. What's goin' on!?

Librarything.
I must admit that even though I am a librarian I don't read that many novels.
In my Librarything account,
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/fxstocker
you will see i have added in books I have at home that have stayed with me over the years.
It would be so good for people who love raving about books as much as I do about guitarists.

No comments: