Wednesday, March 5, 2008

How I love looking for photos (or Week 3)

Well thank yoooo for introducing me to the wonderful world of Flickr.
As you can see I couldn't choose which photo to upload into my blog, so I went with both.
Both these photos I have never seen before and were found on Flickr using the 'Tag' search function. Both follow my blog theme of fitting library learning in with my insatiable hobby of guitar effects.
While the photo of some posters guitar effects boxes is pretty obvious, the photo below is a rare concert pic of The Babys, taken in 1979 by ... and uploaded in Jan this year. There are also recent photos of John Waite, the ex-lead singer under the babys tag in Flickr of around the time I saw him in New York last August, but this photo, taken b4 they broke up in 1980, features lead guitarist Wally Stocker, who on there 5 studio albums has my favourite guitar tone and melodies of any guitarist ever, just in front of David Gilmour.

4 comments:

Bambino Velostra said...

I must admit I have never heard of anyone so obsessed with effects pedals before! Thanks for sharing your interesting hobby. I can't play guitar at all but I am a huge fan of the greats naturally (famous and not-so-famous). Couldn't really name one particular favourite as there's such a vast range of styles. Anyhow, good luck with the blog!

FXStocker said...

Thanks for the comment and for viewing. You have certainly done a LOT of work on your blog! I definitely have GAS (Gear Aquisition Syndrome). I'll have to start putting in a bit more library content though.

Bambino Velostra said...

Hey Blogstar! Yes, I have spent more than my 15 minute a day quota on my blog, but it's all been fun and it's still very much a mishmash of things with no focus really. I tried to start off commenting on the training and what I had learned but I think your natural interests end up coming out after a while just to liven it all up a bit. I probably should bring it back to the Learning 2.0 a bit though but I have been reading up on Web 2.0 a bit lately and really getting into it all(del.icio.us, Digg.com, tagging, etc). It's quite fascinating really but mainly personal interest at the moment. Anyhow, good luck with it all. I have definitely got to spend less time at the computer!

pls@slnsw said...

Great to see you enjoyed the flickr part of the program. It's great when you make connections with your interests and hobbies. I see you have a few fans reading your blog too!
Kathleen A.